Thursday, October 12, 2017

SPREADING CHRISTMAS KINDNESS




Thought for Today:
Not everything that counts can be counted, 
and not everything that can be counted , counts.


SPREADING CHRISTMAS KINDNESS



Several  years ago , I designed and painted a pile of little holiday pins , to give to friends and family, I kept a bag full of them in my hand bag and one pinned to my jacket.  One afternoon while waiting in a line up at a local craft store, a lady in the line up , commented that she thought my pin was adorable and where did I get it? When I told her I made it, she  seemed a little disappointed, she told me she thought she might  have been able to get one at the local craft market. It being the Holiday season, I dug into the stash in my hand bag and gave her one and wished her a Merry Christmas.


Her face lit up! Her smile was wonderful! She held it in her hand and beamed at me... OH My Goodness !! THANK YOU! For that few moments ... it was just JOY! To see the surprise and  happiness in her face... well.. it was a gift! The pleasure of giving someone a small gift, that gave THEM joy... something so simple, something so small.

From that day on.... every Christmas season , I design and paint a pile of little pins.... and I give them away... to family, to friends, to total strangers. To the gal at the check out at the grocery, the bank teller, the guy at the coffee shop... to the gal in the lineup at the craft store.. who ever looks like they could use a little holiday cheer....and it works.. every time! The surprise, then the smile, and then the JOY!

Three years ago I began writing up the pattern for these little pins, and shared it freely with fellow painters. They have, in turn, taken up the mantle and spread  Christmas Kindness as well! In a few weeks.. I will have a NEW 2017 Design Available.. and the Pattern will be available ( FREE of charge) to any that would like to Help Spread  Some Christmas Kindness.


 If you would like the patterns for the previous years the links to download them  are below.

Simple Snow Man Pin       Decoupage Santa Pin     Snowy And Ginger

I have claimed  No Copyright on these patterns, you may paint as many as you like , you may print the pattern and give it away or share with friends, fellow crafters or family... however... in the spirit of generosity,  please don't SELL the pattern.
The whole point of this project , is to GIVE without thought to compensation. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was incredibly kind of you to do. I went to a Christmas part for my decorative arts club, and someone passed out pins she painted or decoupaged. I was really touched. Happy Holidays!

Vintage Toy Sleds... easy DIY!!

                                        Vintage Toy Sleds... Well we have come full circle and are back to glueing popsicle sticks tog...